Members' meeting & Raffle Draw
LOFT held the draw for their 2004 Raffle on 26 February, with special guests
Orient defenders Donny Barnard and Simon Downer. The lucky winners of the draw
1st Prize - £250: Bobby Watson of Manchester
2nd Prize - £50: Andrew
Brader of Barking College
3rd Prize - 2 bottles of spirit: Jenny Lane of
Ilford and Derby
4th Prize - Bottle of Remy Brandy: Jim Woodman of
5th Prize - Pictorial History of Orient and The Men Who Made
Orient: John McCarthy of Cardiff
6th Prize - 2 Bottles of Wine: Denis Day of
7th Prize - Signed Ball: David Hyams of St Albans
8th Prize -
Jar of Murray Mints: Anne Smith of Croydon
LOFT would like to thank all who took part in the raffle, as we managed to
hit our target of raising £500 for the LOCSP activities mentioned here.
After the draw, Donny and Simon answered questions from the audience. The
highlights of their answers were:
- Donny is not short for Donald, nor is he named after Donny Osmond
- Both cited recent away kits as their favourites (Simon's last season's,
Donny's this season's)
- Dean Smith is the best player they've played with, with an honourable
mention for Matthew Joseph, who they described as "loud on the pitch" (!)
- Simon was at West Ham for a short while (audience booed), but didn't like it
there (audience applauded)
- Donny cleaned Deano's boots during his YTS days, while Simon cleaned Mark
- A referee (alas unnamed) once called Simon "a little shit"
- Simon cited Trevor Sinclair as the best player he'd played against, whilst
Donny's was a tie between Joe Cole and Michael Carrick.
The evening ended with Simon Downer complementing the afro hairstyle of one
of our members, whilst refusing to show everyone what his looked like!
We would like to thank both Donny and Simon for a thoroughly enjoyable
evening. Our thanks also to O's manager Martin Ling, and to Matthew Porter at
the club, for enabling them to come.
Pictures from the evening are available here.